Moravian celebrities will launch the serving of the Radegast Extra Hořký (Bitter) beer on tap (Translation)
5 January 2011
Ostrava, January 4, 2011 - Radegast Extra Bitter, the first new special beer in the history of the Radegast brewery, is headed to meet its consumers at hundreds of pubs and restaurants around Moravia. The service on tap will be launched on Thursday, January 6th at 6 p.m. by Moravian celebrities, led by Olympic gold medallists Jiří Raška and David Moravec. Eight personalities at seven different places around Moravia will serve Radegast Extra Bitter from the tap.
The new special beer, Radegast Extra Bitter, is unique due to its higher dose of hops - of the Žatec medium-ripening červeňák, which is the highest-quality Czech hops. "The new special is one of the bitterest beers on the Czech market. Despite its high intensity, the bitterness remains very pleasant and is well accompanied by the right flavour of malt," Manager of the Radegast brewery, Ivo Kaňák, further explained the taste of the new beer.
The serving of Radegast Extra Bitter from the tap will be officially launched on Thursday, January 6th, at 6 p.m., at seven places around Moravia at the same time.
Former hockey player, Vladimír Vůjtek, and the captain of the Vítkovice Hockey Club, Jiří Burger, will arrive at the U Doktora restaurant at Vesmír. Olympic athlete Jiří Raška will serve the first Radegast Extra Bitter at Radegastovna in Frenštát pod Radhoštěm. A similar scenario will take place in Orlová, where at Centrum people can welcome hockey player David Moravec. The celebrities will press the taps down at the same time in all towns. After the official launch of the service on tap, they all will be ready to sign autographs or to take photos with fans.
"For the first time in its history, Radegast brewed a special beer. We are happy that the real men from Moravia, among whom a lot are true legends, accepted our invitation and will be present at the celebration of the launch of the Radegast Extra Bitter beer" said Manager of the Radegast brand, Pavel Kmínek. The new special is available not only in pubs but also as a bottle version in stores.
A list of places where the official launch of the Radegast Extra Bitter will take place and the names of the celebrities who will assist at the launch:
U Doktora (Vesmír)
Vladimír Vůjtek - former hockey representative
Jiří Burger - captain of HC Vítkovice Steel
Frenštát p. R.
Jiří Raška - Olympic gold medallist
David Moravec - Olympic gold medallist and World Champion
Ice hockey arena
Alexej Jaškin - member of the Gold Vsetín hockey dynasty
Richard Brančík - captain of HC Olomouc
Jan Maruna - forward for HC AZ Havířov
Přemysl Vašut - captain of HC Bobři V.M.
Notes to editors:
- The Radegast brewery, one of the most modern breweries in Czech Republic, has been brewing beer since 1970.
- Since 1999, Radegast brewery has been part of the largest beer conglomerate in Czech Republic, belonging to Plzeňský Prazdroj, a.s.
- Yearly, it produces more than 2.2 million hectolitres of beer, with the help of approximately 270 employees.
- It produces beer called "classic Czech lager" and it also produces high-quality malt in its own malt house.
- In 2008, the brewery brewed its ten billionth beer.
- Radegast brewery is part of Plzeňský Prazdroj, which with its total sale of 10.5 million hectolitres of beer in 2009 and with exports into more than 50 countries around the world, is among the leading beer producers in Central Europe. Plzeňský Prazdroj is also the largest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj employs approximately 2,400 employees in the Plzeň, Radegast (Nošovice) and Velké Popovice in breweries and in 13 distribution centres, around Czech Republic.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s. is a member of global SABMiller PLC group, one of the biggest beer companies in the world, with activities and distribution in more than 60 countries on six continents.
Public Relations Officer
Ph. no: 724 617 219
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on http://www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on 4/01/2011.