Fans of the AZ await 240 beers on Wednesday (Translation)
17 December 2010
Havířov, December 14, 2010 - Fans who arrive early at Wednesday's match of the Havířovo team against the team from Hodonín can look forward to a real bitter reward. The first 240 fans will receive Radegast beer for free. At the beginning of November, Radegast promised that it would give its fans 40 beers for each match in which players from the Havířovo team shoot at least 40 shots at the opponent's goalie. All that for the 40th anniversary celebration of its founding, which the brewery celebrated on December 3rd. And on this day the challenge ended. Players from AZ fulfilled a difficult task in only six games.
"Radegast supports Moravian hockey, and this year is also celebrating its anniversary. That is why we agreed to go ahead with this untraditional challenge. I hope that this way fans of the beer will have fun and will also celebrate the brewery's anniversary," said manager of the Radegast brand, Pavel Kmínek.
The players from Havířovo did well in offence and they got their fans 240 beers with their shots. "Our fans are great and they come to our games in large numbers. We are happy that we got them Radegast beer with our shots and at the same time, we believe that they will push us forward in our upcoming games," said the offence man from Havířovo, Martin Potočný, complimenting the fans.
Beers will be prepared for the first 240 fans at all entrances to the winter arena. Those who come to the game will receive a coupon which they can exchange for beer in any stand at the winter arena. The gates of the arena will open at 5 pm.
Notes to editors:
• The Radegast brewery, which is one of the most modern breweries in the Czech Republic, is celebrating its 40th anniversary.
• Since 1999, Radegast brewery has been part of the largest beer conglomerate in the Czech Republic, belonging to Plzeňský Prazdroj, a.s.
• Yearly, it produces more than 2.2 million hectolitres of beer, with the help of approximately 270 employees.
• It produces beer called "classic Czech lager" and it also produces high-quality malt in its own malt house.
• In 2008, the brewery brewed its ten billionth beer.
• Radegast brewery is part of Plzeňský Prazdroj, which with its total sales of 10.5 million hectolitres of beer in 2009 and with exports into more than 50 countries around the world, is among the leading beer producers in Central Europe. Plzeňský Prazdroj is also the largest exporter of Czech beer.
• Plzeňský Prazdroj employs approximately 2,400 employees in the Plzeň, Radegast (Nošovice) and Velké Popovice breweries and in 13 distribution centres around the Czech Republic.
• Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s. is a member of the global SABMiller PLC group, one of the biggest beer companies in the world, with activities and distribution in more than 60 countries on six continents.
Public Relations Officer
Ph. no: 724 617 219
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist. Note: This news release was first published in its local market on 14/12/2010.