Help us choose bands for the next Pilsner Fest! (Translation)
24 November 2010
Plzeň, November 23, 2010 - Even though the Pilsner Fest 2010 took place not long ago, preparations for next year have already begun. First, we set the date next year when the traditional celebration of the beers from Plzeň, Pilsner Urquell and Gambrinus, will take place. All fans of good Czech beer and of good music can look forward to Friday and Saturday, November 26th and 27th, 2011.
"This year's Pilsner Fest set records in more than one way; it had the largest number of visitors, and a mass toast of 5,331 fans of our beer also took place. Thus we are faced with a challenge in organising a respectable continuation of this celebration. That is why we want to continue the successful marriage of both brands, Pilsner Urquell and Gambrinus, for the festival," says Vladimír Jurina, Corporate Brand Manager of the brand.
The preparations for next year will continue with the planning of the event, mainly with the quick signing of interesting bands. You can vote for your favourite bands already on the Facebook page of the Pilsner Fest. In this way you will help us with the preparation of the music for the event. "We will also negotiate cooperation with the city, because organisation of such a large event is an important part of its current cultural programme. We definitely won't embarrass Plzeň, the European Capital of Culture of 2015," adds Vladimír Jurina.
Just as a reminder: Pilsner Fest 2010 in numbers:
- More than 50,000 people attended Pilsner Fest.
- A record 768 hl of beer were served, which represents more than 150,000 beers.
- We succeeded in breaking the record for the largest mass toast. Ours included 5,331 fans of beers from Plzeň.
Additional information about Pilsner Fest 2010, including photos, can be found at www.pilsnerfest.cz.
Notes to editors:
- With total sales of 10.5 million hectolitres in the 2009 calendar year (including licensed production abroad) and with export to more than 50 countries, Plzeňský Prazdroj is the biggest producer of beer in the region and the biggest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s., is a member of the SABMiller PLC Pilsner Urquell global group, an international flagship of the SABMiller portfolio of brands.
- SABMiller PLC is one of biggest beer companies in the world, with activities and distribution in more than 60 countries on six continents.
Vladimír Jurina, Plzeňský Prazdroj, Ph.no.: 257 287 209, 724 617 219
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist. Note: This news release was first published in its local market on 23/11/2010.