Hockey players may shoot out beer for their fans (Translation)
4 November 2010
Olomouc, 11. 2. 2010 - All fans enjoy aggressive hockey full of shots aimed at a rival's cage. Olomouc fans will now push their players to win with reinforced and unprecedented vigour. It is because if their team sends more than 40 shots directly challenging the goalkeeper of the rival team, the fans will get 40 servings of Radegast beer. The brewery wants to use this unconventional motivation to celebrate its 40th anniversary, coming at the beginning of December, with their fans.
"This year is an important anniversary for the Brewery. And because Radegast supports Moravian hockey, we decided to celebrate together with our fans. I am convinced that all fans will be counting the shots from the very beginning of each game, and push their players in offence so they earn their prize, " said the manager of Radegast, Pavel Kmínek.
The first 40 beers could be served this coming Wednesday when players of Mora Team meet with Litoměřice, and then during each match following. "We will definitely try our best to shoot as much as we can. The most important thing, however, is to score. It is definitely great that Radegast is helping to attract fans to our games," adds Mora Team captain Richard Brančík.
The Brewery will be celebrating the anniversary on December 3rd, which is also the day when the promise of beer for 40 shots will end. The fans can then enjoy the beer at the next Mora home game. And that is even if Olomouc's shooters don't accomplish the set goal even once. The brewery actually promised to provide the fans with 40 free beers to celebrate the anniversary regardless.
Notes for editors:
- The Radegast brewery, which is one of the most modern breweries in the Czech Republic, has been making beer since 1970.
- The Radegast brewery has been a member of the biggest brewery group in the Czech Republic, Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc., since 1999.
- With 270 employees, the brewery produces 2.2 million hl. of beer a year.
- The brewery produces "classic light lager." In its own malt plant, Radegast also makes high-quality malt.
- In 2008, the brewery produced its 10 billionth beer.
- Radegast is part of Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc., which, with its production of 10.5 million hl. of beer during 2009 and imports to more than 50 countries around the world, is among the foremost beer-producing companies of the Central European region. Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is also the biggest exporter of Czech beer.
- In its breweries in Plzeň, Radegast (Nošovice), and Velké Popovice and in its 13 marketing and distribution centres located all around the Czech Republic, Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. employs around 2400 employees.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj, Inc. is a member of the global group SABMiller plc., one of the biggest beer producing companies, with activities in more than 60 countries on 6 continents.
Tel.: 724 617 219
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note: This news release was first published in its local market on 02/11/2010.