Radegast Is Bringing Home Medals From A Competition In Australia (Translation)
15 June 2010
Nosovice, June 14, 2010 - Radegast beers achieved phenomenal success at one of the most prestigious beer competitions in the world. At the Australian International Beer Awards competition in Melbourne, Radegast Birell got silver and Radegast Premium received bronze. In total, 243 breweries from 34 countries were competing at the competition. A total of 1170 different kinds of beers were enrolled in all sections.
"In 2009, we brought home 2 bronze medals for Radegast Birell and Radegast Premium from this competition," says the manager of the Radegast brewery, Ivo Kaňák. "I think that consumers can be quite proud of our beers. It is clear that Czech beer, brewed with traditional processes and from high quality ingredients, is successful around the world. And thanks to its full flavour, it is successful in blind tasting," adds I. Kaňák.
Australian International Beer Awards, which was established in 1993, is gaining in popularity every year. It is the third biggest professional beer competition in the world. Awards are given only to beers that meet a combination of strict quality parameters - especially balanced flavour and overall look. It is organised by the Royal Agricultural Society of Victoria in cooperation with the University of Ballarat. This year there were 20 categories.
Radegast beer is usually very successful at competitions. In 2009, Radegast Premium and Radegast Birell got silver at the Zlatý pohár Pivex (Golden Cup Pivex) competition. One year before that, Radegast Birell was given a gold medal at the World Beer Cup in USA.
Notes to editors:
The Radegast brewery, one of the most modern breweries in Czech Republic, has been brewing beer since 1970.
Since 1999, Radegast brewery has been part of the largest beer conglomerate in Czech Republic, belonging to Plzeňský Prazdroj, a.s.
- The Radegast brewery, one of the most modern breweries in Czech Republic, has been brewing beer since 1970.
- Since 1999, Radegast brewery has been part of the largest beer conglomerate in Czech Republic, belonging to Plzeňský Prazdroj, a.s.
- Yearly, it produces more than 2.2 million hectolitres of beer with the help of approximately 270 employees.
- It produces beer called "classic Czech lager" and it also produces high quality malt in its own malt house.
- In 2008, the brewery brewed its ten billionth beer.
- Radegast brewery is part of Plzeňský Prazdroj, which with its total sale of 10.5 million hectolitres of beer in 2009 and with exports into more than 50 countries around the world, belongs to the leading beer producers in Central Europe. Plzeňský Prazdroj is also the largest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj employs approximately 2,400 employees in the Plzeň, Radegast (Nošovice) and Velké Popovice in breweries and in 13 distribution centres around Czech Republic.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s. is a member of global SABMiller PLC group, one of the biggest beer companies in the world, with activities and distribution in more than 60 countries on six continents.
Public Relations Officer
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on http://www.sabmiller.com/. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on 14-06-10.