Olomouc Captain Works Off A Lost Bet (Translation)
6 April 2010
Nošovice, April 1, 2010 - He exchanged his ice-hockey equipment for utility gloves, he exchanged his jersey for a reflective vest, and he exchanged the ice-hockey arena for a beer expenditure hall. Before the big league play-offs started, the captain of the Olomouc ice-hockey team, Richard Brančík, made a bet with Petr Kouble, a Radegast representative, on whether the Kohouti team would make it to the finals. In the semifinals, since the Haná players couldn't keep up with the Chomutov team, Richard Brančík fulfilled his end of the bet, which was to work one shift at the Radegast Brewery.
"I was guessing I wouldn't get a desk job with a comfortable chair. But I don't mind physical work, so I was okay with it," commented Richard Brančík on his job position. He became a part of the expeditionary team which is responsible for proper beer distribution and loading for customers. Brančík's specialization was to prepare beer palletes for small customers who take beer in various containers.
Although the Mora captain was in a completely different environment outside of ice-hockey, he found some similarities. "It is always about people who can do something and who can also cooperate very well."
Radegast representative, Petr Kobule, appreciated the Olomouc captain's work in the Radegast Brewery: "I am glad that Richard Brančík approached the bet as a man and that he kept his promise. I am sure the fans will appreciate that. And I can promise that for next season, as far as the ‘Radegast Cheers For Moravian Ice-hockey' concept goes, we will bring all kinds of entertainment to the Olomouc fans, just as good as we did this season."
Notes to editors:
- The Radegast brewery, which is one of the most modern breweries in the Czech Republic, has been making beer since 1970.
- Since 1999 the Radegast Brewery has been a part of the largest beer industry group in the Czech Republic, belonging to Plzeňský Prazdroj, a.s.
- Yearly, with 270 employees, it produces more than 58 million gallons of beer.
- It produces a beer called "classic Czech lager" and it is also a producer of a high-quality malt in its own malt house.
- In 2008 the brewery brewed its ten billionth beer.
- Radegast Brewery is the part of Plzeňský Prazdroj which with its total sale of 277 million gallons of beer in 2009 and with exports to more than 50 countries around the world belongs to leading beer producers in the Central Europe region. Plzeňský Prazdroj is also the largest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj employs approximately 2,400 employees in the breweries in Plzeň, Radegast (Nošovice) and Velké Popovice and even in 13 distribution centers around the Czech Republic.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s. is a member of global SABMiller PLC group - one of the largest beer companies in the world - with beer activities or distribution in more than 60 countries in the world throughout six continents.
Phone: 724 617 219
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on 01-04-2010.