We've made discouraging irresponsible drinking one of our top sustainable development priorities. The reason is simple. When people drink too much, they can hurt themselves, other people, and the communities that help give us our livelihood. No one benefits, not even us.
There is no simple solution. We believe, however, there are things that make a difference. Things like making sure information about alcohol is accurate and balanced. Enforcing laws against drinking and driving, underage drinking, and disorderly conduct. And, reaching out to people who are most at risk to help them.
Different things work in different markets. So, our efforts are locally designed and run, with help from local partners. Although our campaigns may look a little different around the globe, they are all built on our six core principles on alcohol.
Six principles on alcohol
Our six principles on alcohol help guide the decisions we make every day. They are:
- Our beer adds to the enjoyment of life for the overwhelming majority of our consumers
- We care about the harmful effects of irresponsible alcohol consumption
- We engage stakeholders and work collectively with them to address irresponsible consumption
- Alcohol consumption is for adults and is a matter of individual judgement and accountability
- Information provided to consumers about alcohol consumption should be accurate and balanced
- We expect our employees to aspire to high levels of conduct in relation to alcohol consumption.