There’s nothing unusual in enjoying a glass of beer alongside a meal, but have you tried cooking with your favourite brew? Try these ideas from the team at Pilsner Urquell
More than just a way of refreshing the palate, beer is a great ingredient in many hearty dishes.
Across the world, people have come up with innovative ways to blend the varied and often unique flavours of beer with other enticing ingredients to create something truly special.
Our Pilsner Urquell team, keen to share some favourite recipes that go well with their iconic Czech brew and other brands, have listed a few of the many ways you can experiment with beer in the kitchen:
- ‘Beer can chicken’ brings out the best in your bird, keeping the flesh nice and moist. You can cook this dish in the oven, or if the weather’s good, why not get out the grill?
- Beer is fundamental to some dishes. Bohemian roast duck and svíčková just wouldn’t be the same without the addition of Pilsner Urquell.
- Planning a night in with your favourite movie? Try preparing this quick Swedish recipe for beer popcorn.
- Here’s a recipe for the perfect sausage made using Pilsner Urquell. Serve it with mustard and carrot and potato mash.
- For an American classic that’s equally meaty, fry up a good burger, then garnish it to perfection with lager-infused ketchup and onions.
- … and to finish, you can even use beer to enhance your dessert. Pilsner Urquell’s caramel sweetness makes it the key ingredient in this no-bake cheesecake.