Privacy Statement – recruitment
1. General SABMiller plc respects your privacy. This policy outlines the type of information we may collect from our website and how we may use that information. We may update this policy from time to time, so please check it occasionally. By using this site and/or providing personal information, you agree to the terms of this policy.
2. Collection and use of personal information Personal information includes information such as your name, address, telephone number, date of birth and e-mail address. Generally, you may visit our website without providing us with any personal information. However, from time to time we may need to collect your personal information for a specific purpose, for example providing you with information that you have requested. We may also have statutory obligations to collect your personal information, such as the obligation to collect data on ethnic origin and disabilities under South African employment equity legislation (applied only to South African residents during the application process). If there are other purposes for which we will use your personal information, we will tell you at the time of collection. By providing this information, you consent to the use and disclosure of your personal information for the purposes notified.
Access to certain pages on our website is limited to individuals over 18 or the legal age for lawfully purchasing alcohol and consuming in the country, state, province or territory from which the website is viewed. In those cases, we do not intend to collect the personal information of any individual who is under 18 years or age or below the minimum legal age (if higher than 18). If we become aware that the personal information of any individual under this age is provided to us, we shall delete that information.
3. Disclosure We may disclose your personal information to our associated companies and to third parties where necessary for the purposes of processing an application made by you and connected purposes. We will not sell, transfer or disclose your personal information to other parties unless we have your express consent or if we need to do so to fulfil your request or for other related purposes and we will never sell, transfer or disclose your personal data to third parties for their marketing use.
How to control and delete cookies We know that people have concerns about cookies, but we believe that the benefit that you and SABMiller plc gain from their proper use is worthwhile.
You can delete the files that contain cookies – those files are stored as part of your internet browser. If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by SABMiller.com, or indeed any other website, or if you wish to receive notification of cookie placement requests or decline cookies completely, you can do this through your browser settings. The Help function within your browser should tell you how. Please be aware that declining or denying cookies may prevent you from being able to use the website to its highest capability.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile device you will need to refer to your manual.
5. Security and accuracy The accuracy and security of your personal data is important to us and we have put in place physical and electronic procedures to maintain the security of your personal information. Only authorised administrative staff will have access to that information. If you have submitted personal information to us and would like that information deleted from our records, or updated, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow us time to update your records.
6. Transfers Any personal information we collect will be stored on one or more secure servers in the European Union ('EU'). By submitting your information to us you agree that we may transfer it to our associated companies outside the EU for the purposes set out above, and you also confirm that you understand that the countries where those companies are situated may not necessarily have laws which give the same protection to your personal information as those in the EU. Applicants in South Africa should note that data on ethnic origin and disabilities collected from them in accordance with South African employment equity legislation may also form part of these transfers.
7. Contact us Further questions? Contact our Talent Acquisition Team.